Sunday, December 15, 2013

Simplify Preschool

 
I haven't really been doing much in the way of preschool for the past couple of months. I don't know if it was the holidays or other things going on in our family (probably a combination of both), but we sort of took a break from all of the planning and themes and prepared activities.

I'm working on a flexible half-day schedule that we will start in January. We're having a lot of fun right now, but I think we both (as well as our house) would benefit from a little more of a schedule. I'm trying to keep it simple, but it's easy to get caught up in the hype. It seems to happen a lot these days - browsing pictures on Facebook, looking at impossibly perfect decorations on Pinterest, reading posts by bloggers who make it all look so easy. It makes you feel like you have to do it all. Like you have something to prove.

Still, it doesn't have to be that hard.

I'm going to do a series of posts this week about simplifying preschool. I'm going to use pictures from the past couple of months during which time I have done virtually no planning. I'll post pictures for a different subject each day.

Monday - Practical Life
Tuesday - Sensorial
Wednesday - Language
Thursday - Mathematics


Even though I do want to get back into a bit of a more regular schedule, it helps to remember that M is learning regardless of what I do! I hope this reminds you to relax and simplify things with your preschooler too. Enjoy this time with them!


Linking Up With:

Tot School Gathering Place
Homeschool Creations Preschool & Kindergarten Community
Tuesday Tots
Hip Homeschool Hop

2 comments:

  1. ((((Hugs)))) I know a lot of people read my blog and think that I make it look easy, but in reality it requires a lot of effort on my part to make it happen. I wasn't naturally motivated to add tot school to our day, but blogging helps motivate me and keep me accountable.

    I look forward to your series on simplifying! {Although, I must confess, it looks more complex than what I am doing, LOL!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I really try not to compare - we're all just doing the best we can in our own way! Blogging can sometimes be like photoshopped magazine covers- even though bloggers try to be realistic with their posts, they are still going to include the best shots of everything, know what I mean? I'm sure what I do looks complicated to other people sometimes too. I have a science degree, so I'm more likely to do "A is for Astronaut" than "A is for Apple" - haha! But it's nice to step back sometimes and realize it doesn't all have to be perfect, and that a 3 year old is going to remember laughing and having fun, and not what themes you chose or which crafts you made.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete